Friday, March 11, 2011

ABC... (part II)

 Vv
As it is shown we can clearly see the letter V both upper and lower case. I found this hanging skeleton in my life drawing class. I of course notice it right away when I entered the room; however I didn't acknowledge the letter V until I was ask to create a Visual Journal for this typography class. Letters can really be found anywhere! 

I
What first caught my attention of these pins was the bright neon colors and of course that they were horizontally aligned.Then I notice that they're in the shape of a capital I. This is an example of how one can easily over look the daily things we encounter and not really take a good look at it.

D
When I originally took this picture I didn't notice the letter D; rather I took it because I saw the letter y and v but when I uploaded it to my computer I saw the letter D and thought I used that instead. The letter y and v are easily found in many places/things in the environment.

I
On my way to the store to buy my cat some food I stopped by the pet toy section and there I saw this adorable toy cow in the shape of an I.

R
This letter was found in one of my favorite stores, Urban Outfitters of course! I can also see a P and a k but of course the most obvious letter here is the letter R. 

X
I really like this representation of the letter R because it's two objects put together which form the letter X. I also found these drawing chairs in my life drawing class. 

Ll 
When I first saw this I saw it at a distance and as I got closer I realized that the dust pan and sweeper were not really there. It caught my attention because of the illusion it created when viewing this from a distance so I wanted to include it in my visual Journal and although the letters here aren't so obvious I believe that the overall image is interesting in itself.

M
This letter was also found in my life drawing class, and two objects are forming the letter M. It is two easels put together facing opposite directions. The letter V and A can also be seen here.

Q
Final letter of the batch is the letter Q. This is one difficult letter to find but just when I stop looking for it I saw this black cord in the shape of a Q.

3 comments:

  1. Bravo! Well done. You definitely have keen eyes to spot those on! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your letter batches they are really inventive!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you! =]
    I try to capture objects of interest to myself and the viewer.

    ReplyDelete